Daily Tours of the World's Oldest Rainforest
Trek North has been voted the No. 1 Daintree Tour Operator
Leaves Cairns at 7.20am
Leaves Port Douglas at 8.40am
Daintree and Cape Tribulation Tour
The Daintree and Cape Tribulation Rainforest was voted a World Top 10 Incredible Tropical Paradise. World famous Naturalist, Sir David Attenborough, says that the Daintree is his favourite jungle. The Daintree Rainforest is over 135 million years old, making it the oldest rainforest in the world. Approximately 430 species of birds live among the trees, including 13 species that are found nowhere else in the world.
Book our Premium Daintree Tour to majestic Cape Tribulation and we guarantee you no better value anywhere in Cairns. Trek North are locally owned and operated. We have been operating premium Daintree Tours for 25 years and were voted the No. 1 Daintree Tour Operator.
Your Daintree Cape Tribulation Tour Includes:
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Pick up from your accommodation
- Average group size of 13 people per guide for an interactive, personalized day
- Very experienced and knowledgeable local eco-tour guides
- Informative commentary on history, flora and fauna
- Port Douglas Township and 4 Mile Beach
- Morning tea at the Daintree Cruise Centre
- Daintree River Wilderness Cruise (salt water crocodiles and much more!)
- River crossing by Historic Cable Barge
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Beautiful private rainforest setting for lunch break and optional swim in crystal clear water*
- Delicious premium BBQ lunch at gorgeous private setting: Native barramundi, rib fillet steak or vegetarian*
- Daintree Entomological Museum - Australia's largest collection of insects*
- Daintree Museum Butterfly Habitat and Breeding Centre*
- Famous, historic Cape Tribulation Beach - over 30 minutes free time
- Daintree Ice Cream Factory and Fruit Orchards*
- Cape Tribulation Botanical Guided Walks (Mangrove eco-system)
- Afternoon tea and return transfer to your accommodation
- Did we mention the best eco-tour guides? It's a fact!
* Denoted exclusive to Trek North Safaris itinerary!
This exciting day tour begins when your friendly and experienced driver/guide picks you up from your accommodation. Leaving Cairns and the Northern Beaches, you will travel along one of Australia's most spectacular coastal drives to the resort village of Port Douglas and learn of some of its highlights and interesting history.
Back into the comfort of the modern vehicle, you drive to the Daintree River where morning tea is provided before embarking on a one hour Daintree river cruise. The Daintree River is home to a diverse ecosystem and the cruise guide will help you spot some of the wildlife including birds, snakes, frogs, flying foxes and crocodiles. Have your cameras ready!
After the river cruise, you will travel to the spectacular Alexander Range Lookout before arriving at our private lunch location at The Daintree Entomological (insect) Museum. This quaint museum houses the largest live and dead collection of insects in Australia. You will be taken on an interesting 20 minute guided tour of the Museum. You will learn some very interesting facts about these creatures and how they play such an important part in the ecological balance of our rainforest. Nearby there is a lovely picnic area where we have a lovely lunch and you may also wish to enjoy a refreshing swim at our beautiful private rainforest creek.
After lunch, you travel further north to the isolated Cape Tribulation where the beach beckons for you to stroll along its coral sands. This is the only place on Earth where two World Heritage listed areas kiss/meet. There is time to visit the Cape Tribulation lookout before departing for a relaxing and informative guided walk through the Cape Tribulation National Park. Using your imagination, you could easily picture dinosaurs trudging through this prehistoric rainforest.
After the walk, you will be offered afternoon tea before boarding our air-conditioned vehicle to traverse the Alexander Range where you will see the rare and primitive King Ferns growing in abundance. You then cross the river by Cable Barge and enjoy a leisurely drive to Cairns with spectacular views of the Coral Sea. You say farewell when we return you to your accommodation.
Daintree and Cape Tribulation Tour
Code : CT1
Price: AU$190 per adult and AU$95 per child (age 4 to 14)
Departs daily from Cairns at 7.20am and Port Douglas at 8.40am.
Returns To Cairns 6.40pm and Port Douglas at 5.40pm.